OCT. 10, 2018 OUR MULTI CHEMICAL SAFE HOME FOR SALE IN BURNS, KS.
- Custom cabinets throughout home
- Peabody-Burns school district (USD 398)
- 3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- 2,478 finished square feet
- Incredibly maintained home
- 20 minutes from El Dorado
- Chemical-free home
- Refinished original hardwood floors
- Located in the quiet and clean town of Burns, KS
- New appliances
- Water softener
- 3 year old metal roof
- New high efficiency natural gas heater
- Newer air conditioning unit
- Newer electric water heater
- Heavily insulated attic
- Two car garage with openers on both doors
- Beautiful quarter sawn oak built in desk in office
- Hickory cabinets in kitchen with a surplus of slide outs and 3 lazy Susan’s
- Hook-ups for gas or electric dryer
- Fenced in, well-groomed yard
- Room for a garden and chickens
- Garden shed in back yard
- Option to buy 2 lots and shop across street
303 W Elm St., Burns, KS
LIVING ROOM WITH ALL HARD WOOD FLOORS & BUILT IN BOOK SHELVES & NICE WINDOWS FOR LOTS OF LIGHT——-
A DREAM KITCHEN WITH ALL CUSTOM CABINETS– WITH LAZY SUSAN’S– & PULL OUT DRAWERS– YOU NAME IT — AND IT WAS THERE– VERY USER FRIENDLY– WE PUT IN THE NEW MICROWAVE– AND GLASS TOP ELECTRIC RANGE — ETC– THE KITCHEN HAS A NEWER DISHWASHER– AND ALL APPLIANCES STAY WITH THE HOME– AND THERE IS AN RO REVERSE OSMOSIS UNIT ON THE SINK- & WATER SOFTENER—- NICE MUD ROOM & LAUNDRY ROOM WITH SINK–
LAUNDRY ROOM- AND NEW HIGH EFFICIENCY FURNACE & AC WE PUT IN——-ABOUT 3 YEARS OLD—–
ALONG WITH THE NEW METAL ROOF– WHICH IS THE SAME AGE——-
WE ALSO FENCED THE WHOLE YARD & PUT IN GATES———
I LOVED THE TWO FIREPLACES ONE UPSTAIRS & ONE IN THE DOWNSTAIRS FAMILY ROOM——-
HANG YOUR CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS ON THE MANTEL IN THE UPSTAIRS!!!
A NICE WIDE STAIRWAY TO THE DOWNSTAIRS FAMILY ROOM!!!!
FIREPLACE IN THE DOWNSTAIRS FAMILY ROOM!!
ONE OF MY FAVORITE ROOMS IN THE HOUSE WAS ALSO MY OFFICE—- WITH CUSTOM CABINETS——–
I HAD A GREAT GARDEN SPOT— AND WE RAISED CHICKENS——— THE FENCED IN YARD– KEPT IN ALL THE ANIMALS!!! 🙂 AND ANYTHING ELSE FROM EATING MY GARDEN!!! 🙂
WE USED NO TOXIC CHEMICAL IN THE HOME OR YARD!!!!
AND GARY IS THE GREEN THUMB GUY— AND HE PLANTED HUNDREDS OF BULBS & FLOWERING BUSHES & SEVERAL DOZEN ROSE BUSHES AND MORE!!!
THERE ARE A BILLION GREAT FEATURES TO THIS MCS SAFE HOME— AND IT IS CLEAN & READY TO MOVE INTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANOTHER THING I LOVE ABOUT BURNS, KS– THE HARDWARE STORE SELLS IT ALL— FROM HARDWARE TO GIFTS– TO BREAD- & MILK & EGGS & ICE CREAM & ETC- ETC– IF THEY DON’T HAVE IT– YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T NEED IT!!!! 🙂
WELL I NEVER DO A BLOG POST WITHOUT SOME INFORMATION ABOUT MCS– SO HERE WE GO——–
Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS) is a
medical condition characterized by debilitating
chemical sensitivities. People who are chemically
sensitive are made sick by exposures to
chemicals found in many common products such
as pesticides, perfumes, tobacco smoke, new
carpets, air “fresheners,” new paint and building
materials, and many cleaning and laundry
products. Most of these chemicals will make
everyone sick at high levels, but for chemically
sensitive people exposures to even small
amounts of these substances can cause
symptoms. Some chemically sensitive people are
only mildly affected while others have the more
severe form of the illness called MCS.
Symptoms experienced by people with MCS
range from mild to life-threatening and include
headache, trouble concentrating, nausea,
diarrhea, fatigue, muscle and joint pain,
dizziness, difficulty breathing, irregular heart
beat, and seizures. MCS symptoms in children
include red cheeks and ears, dark circles under
the eyes, hyperactivity, and behavior or learning
problems. After an exposure, symptoms may
occur immediately or be delayed for up to a few
days. Reactions may last from a few seconds to
weeks or months. People with MCS often react to
a variety of foods, drugs, molds, and pollen as
well as chemicals.
Creating a Healthier Environment
Reducing exposures to chemicals improves the
health of those with MCS. Better air quality also
helps promote the health of everyone. The
following are ways to create a healthier
· Avoid pesticides, use least toxic integrated
pest management (IPM)
· Avoid newly built or remodeled buildings, or
build with less toxic materials
· Avoid new paint and solvent-based stains and
· Avoid new carpets
· Avoid gasoline, solvent, dry-cleaning, and tar
· Avoid tobacco smoke and vehicle exhaust
· Use least toxic, natural, and unscented
cleaning, laundry, and sanitizing products
· Avoid perfume, cologne, and scented
personal care products
· Avoid air “freshener” sprays, incense, and
· Use electric utilities or radiant heat
· Open windows, ventilate buildings with clean
fresh air and/or use portable room air filters.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) is basically a subset of Environmental Illness (EI), which is caused by living in a toxic world. The chemicals that were synthesized after World War II (including, pesticides, synthetic fragrances, cleaning products, detergents, etc.) are mostly “petro-chemicals” (petroleum based) and are quite toxic to humans. There have been virtually no studies done on the majority of these chemicals to see how they affect humans – the industry just placed the chemicals in the environment with the assumption that they are “safe, till proven toxic”, instead of the other way around. One of the biggest offenders is PERFUME and other scented products. Did you know that many of the ingredients in your perfume are the exact same ingredients found in GASOLINE??!! I didn’t either! The scary thing is that the perfume industry is NOT REGULATED at all – they can put any number of chemicals in fragrance without revealing what those chemicals are – or how they affect humans. We humans are all participating in a giant “lab experiment” against our knowledge and against our will, and it’s making some of us VERY sick.
Those of us who are becoming chronically ill from these chemicals are similar to the “canaries in the coal mine”. Coal miners would take a canary into the mines with them to warn them when the air became toxic. They knew that when the canary stopped singing or died, it was time to get out before it affected them as well. We “human canaries” are here to warn the rest of you that, unless you start making changes and avoid as many toxic chemicals as possible, you too may become very sick. Non toxic living is actually much “simpler” and cheaper!
Don’t be fooled, these chemicals are affecting ALL of us in some way or another. Think about the last time you got a headache for no apparent reason. Could it be possible that someone had recently sprayed perfume or pesticides near you without you knowing it? Had you recently used scented laundry detergent or Clorox to clean with? Do you get headaches or feel nauseous from being around people wearing perfume or cologne? Do you feel you need to hold your breath when you go down the detergent aisle at the grocery store? All these things are your body’s way of telling you something is wrong with the air you’re breathing. While an MBA in health care may help you understand the whys and wherefores of the medical issues it doesn’t take a masters degree to listen to your body and know that things are not right.
It’s like playing “Russian Roulette” – you never know how long your immune system can hold out before breaking down. Some people may never reach the point of “chronic illness” that I did – but most people are being affected, possibly without realizing it. Cancer has increased dramatically since World War II (after all the chemicals came out). Attention Deficit Disorder is on the rise (more and more of our children are being put on toxic, brain-altering drugs like Ritalin when simply cleaning up their environment could solve their problems). Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Alzheimer’s Disease, Allergies, Asthma, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and Multiple Sclerosis are also increasing. All these illnesses could very well have a chemical connection to their cause or, at the very least, these patients would benefit from using less-toxic products. Pretty much any “immune system” disorder could be helped by a cleaner environment and by using safer products.
The products we use on our skin are absorbed directly into the bloodstream (the reason why nitroglycerine, nicotine, and hormone patches work). The chemicals we breathe (such as perfumes, formaldehyde, pesticides, etc.) all go straight to our brains and can cause low-level to severe damage – similar to how someone can snort cocaine or glue to get a “high”. Start reading labels – check for petro-chemicals, formaldehyde, and fragrance, and avoid them as much as possible. A clue that an ingredient may be a petro-chemical is the “prop” prefix. A clue that an ingredient releases formaldehyde is “Quaternium”. Be careful about products labeled “fragrance free” or “unscented”. Don’t trust them! Read the label and be sure they don’t list “fragrance” or “masking fragrance”. Don’t put anything on your skin you’d be afraid to eat, because the end result is the same!
Before I got sick, I had no clue that I was slowly being “poisoned” by products that I assumed were “safe” since they were on the market! If this could happen to me – YOU COULD BE NEXT.
AS MIKE SAYS: ” Furthermore, this house has been chemical-free since the owners have lived here due to being diagnosed with MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) in which severe reactions to chemicals occur.”
SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST SITTING THERE– CALL MIKE— AND BUY THIS PROPERTY– OF IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE INTERESTED– HAVE THEM CALL MIKE!!!!!!!
TO ALL MY MCS FAMILY—& THOSE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG- THANKS ALWAYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT & PRAYERS!!!!!! LATER GATORS!!!!
PS– FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO LOOK FOR ALL THE MISTAKES I MAKE IN MY BLOG POSTS– I AM NOT DOING A DOUBLE CHECK– I’M PUSHING THE PUBLISH BUTTON!!! HAVE FUN!! 🙂