DEC. 22, ’14 — THREE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!
WELL NOT REALLY———- EVERYTHING IS DONE!!!! GARY & I WILL CELEBRATE THE BIRTHDAY OF OUR LORD & SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST— AT OUR HOME– & WITH OUR GIRLS!!!!!!
WE HAVE DECIDED TO HAVE COCONUT SHRIMP & BAKED POTATOES FOR LUNCH!!! WE DON’T EXCHANGE GIFTS– WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED— AND WE BOUGHT NEW BEDS FOR THE GIRLS EARLIER THIS MONTH– & THEY HAVE BEEN USING THEM EVERY DAY— WE BOUGHT THEM EACH A TOY– SO THEY WILL GET THAT ON CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!!!!!!!
BEAUTIFUL BRANSON IS BEAUTIFUL AT ANY TIME OF YEAR— BUT AT CHRISTMAS IT IS AWESOME!!!!
I HAVE NOT LEFT MY MCS SAFE HOME FOR DAYS— AS “THE MAKE-YA-SICK- BUGS” ARE GOING AROUND OUT THERE ALONG WITH ALL THE TOXIC CHEMICALS– SO I HAVE JUST STAYED AT HOME IN MY MCS SAFE HOME– & GARY HAS GONE TO THE STORE WHEN WE NEEDED SOMETHING!!!!!!!!
OH— AND WHILE I AM THINKING ABOUT IT—- WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW FOLLOWERS OF THIS BLOG———- AND– THE REASON I TYPE IN ALL CAPS IS SO I CAN SEE WHAT I HAVE TYPED—- MY MCS & HEALTH PROBLEMS HAVE EFFECTED MY EYES— SO I AM NOT YELLING—- I CAN’T SEE-—— OH— BUT I SHOULD WARN YA— WHEN I DO YELL—– I GET ON MY UNSCENTED SOAP BOX TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE IS WELCOME AT THIS BLOG——- BUT—— DON’T WEAR TOXIC PERFUME– TOXIC FRAGRANCES OR OTHER TOXIC CHEMICALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO IF YOU COME TO THIS BLOG——- YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME—- BUT IF YOU DON’T SUFFER FROM MCS— I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO THINK ABOUT WHAT TOXIC PRODUCTS YOU USE— & THINK ABOUT WHAT TOXIC PRODUCTS YOU COULD REMOVE FROM YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! OK?????????? IS THAT A DEAL????????????
Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS) is a
medical condition characterized by debilitating
chemical sensitivities. People who are chemically
sensitive are made sick by exposures to
chemicals found in many common products such
as pesticides, perfumes, tobacco smoke, new
carpets, air “fresheners,” new paint and building
materials, and many cleaning and laundry
products. Most of these chemicals will make
everyone sick at high levels, but for chemically
sensitive people exposures to even small
amounts of these substances can cause
symptoms. Some chemically sensitive people are
only mildly affected while others have the more
severe form of the illness called MCS.
Symptoms experienced by people with MCS
range from mild to life-threatening and include
headache, trouble concentrating, nausea,
diarrhea, fatigue, muscle and joint pain,
dizziness, difficulty breathing, irregular heart
beat, and seizures. MCS symptoms in children
include red cheeks and ears, dark circles under
the eyes, hyperactivity, and behavior or learning
problems. After an exposure, symptoms may
occur immediately or be delayed for up to a few
days. Reactions may last from a few seconds to
weeks or months. People with MCS often react to
a variety of foods, drugs, molds, and pollen as
well as chemicals.
Creating a Healthier Environment
Reducing exposures to chemicals improves the
health of those with MCS. Better air quality also
helps promote the health of everyone. The
following are ways to create a healthier
· Avoid pesticides, use least toxic integrated
pest management (IPM)
· Avoid newly built or remodeled buildings, or
build with less toxic materials
· Avoid new paint and solvent-based stains and
· Avoid new carpets
· Avoid gasoline, solvent, dry-cleaning, and tar
· Avoid tobacco smoke and vehicle exhaust
· Use least toxic, natural, and unscented
cleaning, laundry, and sanitizing products
· Avoid perfume, cologne, and scented
personal care products
· Avoid air “freshener” sprays, incense, and
· Use electric utilities or radiant heat
· Open windows, ventilate buildings with clean
fresh air and/or use portable room air filters
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) is basically a subset of Environmental Illness (EI), which is caused by living in a toxic world. The chemicals that were synthesized after World War II (including, pesticides, synthetic fragrances, cleaning products, detergents, etc.) are mostly “petro-chemicals” (petroleum based) and are quite toxic to humans. There have been virtually no studies done on the majority of these chemicals to see how they affect humans – the industry just placed the chemicals in the environment with the assumption that they are “safe, till proven toxic”, instead of the other way around. One of the biggest offenders is PERFUME and other scented products. Did you know that many of the ingredients in your perfume are the exact same ingredients found in GASOLINE??!! I didn’t either! The scary thing is that the perfume industry is NOT REGULATED at all – they can put any number of chemicals in fragrance without revealing what those chemicals are – or how they affect humans. We humans are all participating in a giant “lab experiment” against our knowledge and against our will, and it’s making some of us VERY sick.
Those of us who are becoming chronically ill from these chemicals are similar to the “canaries in the coal mine”. Coal miners would take a canary into the mines with them to warn them when the air became toxic. They knew that when the canary stopped singing or died, it was time to get out before it affected them as well. We “human canaries” are here to warn the rest of you that, unless you start making changes and avoid as many toxic chemicals as possible, you too may become very sick. Non toxic living is actually much “simpler” and cheaper!
Don’t be fooled, these chemicals are affecting ALL of us in some way or another. Think about the last time you got a headache for no apparent reason. Could it be possible that someone had recently sprayed perfume or pesticides near you without you knowing it? Had you recently used scented laundry detergent or Clorox to clean with? Do you get headaches or feel nauseous from being around people wearing perfume or cologne? Do you feel you need to hold your breath when you go down the detergent aisle at the grocery store? All these things are your body’s way of telling you something is wrong with the air you’re breathing. While an MBA in health care may help you understand the whys and wherefores of the medical issues it doesn’t take a masters degree to listen to your body and know that things are not right.
It’s like playing “Russian Roulette” – you never know how long your immune system can hold out before breaking down. Some people may never reach the point of “chronic illness” that I did – but most people are being affected, possibly without realizing it. Cancer has increased dramatically since World War II (after all the chemicals came out). Attention Deficit Disorder is on the rise (more and more of our children are being put on toxic, brain-altering drugs like Ritalin when simply cleaning up their environment could solve their problems). Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Alzheimer’s Disease, Allergies, Asthma, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and Multiple Sclerosis are also increasing. All these illnesses could very well have a chemical connection to their cause or, at the very least, these patients would benefit from using less-toxic products. Pretty much any “immune system” disorder could be helped by a cleaner environment and by using safer products.
The products we use on our skin are absorbed directly into the bloodstream (the reason why nitroglycerine, nicotine, and hormone patches work). The chemicals we breathe (such as perfumes, formaldehyde, pesticides, etc.) all go straight to our brains and can cause low-level to severe damage – similar to how someone can snort cocaine or glue to get a “high”. Start reading labels – check for petro-chemicals, formaldehyde, and fragrance, and avoid them as much as possible. A clue that an ingredient may be a petro-chemical is the “prop” prefix. A clue that an ingredient releases formaldehyde is “Quaternium”. Be careful about products labeled “fragrance free” or “unscented”. Don’t trust them! Read the label and be sure they don’t list “fragrance” or “masking fragrance”. Don’t put anything on your skin you’d be afraid to eat, because the end result is the same!
Before I got sick, I had no clue that I was slowly being “poisoned” by products that I assumed were “safe” since they were on the market! If this could happen to me – YOU COULD BE NEXT.
SO AGAIN WELCOME TO THIS BLOG——— AND —–
I AM “SONDA”——— NOT SONDRA– OR SONJA– OR– OR– OR—
FOR YEARS & YEARS— & YEARS & YEARS—- I ANSWERED TO ANYTHING CLOSE TO SONDA——– IN THE PAST FEW YEARS— I DECIDED— I AM GOING TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT MY NAME IS— I AM NOT SONDRA– I’M NOT ANY OTHER NAME— I AM SONDA!!!!!!!!!
SO IF YOU WANT ME TO ANSWER YOU—– I’M SONDA!!!!!!!!!!
JUST THAT PLAIN & SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂
THAT IS PRETTY MUCH ME——– 🙂
AND THANKS TO ALL MY MCS SISTERS FOR THEIR SUPPORT & PRAYERS FOR OUR MCS SISTER KATHRYN’S FAMILY—————–
AND– IF I HAVE NOT TOLD YOU LATELY— I LOVE EACH OF YOU & YOU ALL ARE A BLESSING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ALL ARE PRICELESS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂
OK—- TONIGHT WE ARE GOING TO DANCE IT OUT OF HERE WITH A LITTLE JINGLE BELL ROCK———-
OK—– NOW DANCE US OUT OF HERE————————–