EXCELLENT INFORMATION FROM MY MCS SISTER——————–
What are some clues that someone may be sensitive to chemicals?
These actions could apply to other illnesses or personality traits. My point is to create an awareness that certain behaviors may occur to preserve someone’s health and not to be rude or antisocial.
- They wear a face mask. Some people with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) may wear a face mask, but many people who are chemically sensitive do not wear masks.
- They won’t hug anyone at the reunion.
- They hurry into church/movie/public event at the last minute and hurry out at the end and do not stop to talk to anyone.
- They stand outside the waiting room door until the nurse calls their name.
- They are the neighbor who will talk with you outside or on the phone but won’t invite anyone into their house and won’t come into your house.
- They won’t accept invitations to social events but their spouse might.
- If a smoker or someone wearing perfume/cologne walks by, they start coughing, or they immediately cover their mouth/nose, or they suddenly move away or maybe all three.
- They seem reclusive, they don’t go out much.
- They won’t accept or offer rides to mutual destinations.
- You wonder why they don’t work when they look perfectly healthy.
Help me educate people. What are some other behaviors by those with invisible illnesses that could be misjudged?