FIRST– I WANT TO SAY I LOVE BASS PRO– I LOVE TO SHOP THERE—- AS THEY HAVE ABOUT EVERYTHING WE NEED WHEN IT COMES TO OUR HUNTING & FISHING NEEDS- ETC- ETC— BUT—- TODAY —-
I WENT TO BASS PRO SHOP TODAY AT BRANSON LANDING TO BUY ANOTHER FISHING POLE——-& THE WHOLE STORE SMELLED OF THOSE TOXIC CHEMICAL & TOXIC SCENTED STINKING CANDLES-— THE WHOLE STORE WAS FULL OF THAT TOXIC CHEMICAL SCENTED CANDLE CRAP—– GARY …HAD TO ALL BUT CARRY ME OUT OF THE STORE–MY THROAT STARTED SWELLING SHUT– & ETC -ETC -ETC -ETC -ETC -ETC—- WHY DOES A SPORTS STORE HAVE THAT CRAP IN THEIR STORE???????? NEEDLESS TO SAY I DID NOT BUY OR EVEN LOOK FOR A FISHING POLE– & GARY HAD A HUGE LIST— OUR PURCHASE WOULD HAVE BEEN SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS—– BUT I WON’T GO BACK BECAUSE OF THE TOXIC STINKING CANDLES!!!!!!!!!!!! NOR WILL WE SPEND MONEY WITH THEM AS LONG AS THEY SELL THOSE TOXIC STINKING CANDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ONE OF THE LADIES WHO WORKS IN BASS PRO– SAID TO ME ARE YOU OK– I SAID NO I’M NOT– & TOLD HER WHY— SHE SAID— SINCE THE STORE HAD BEEN SELLING THE CANDLES– MANY HAD SUFFERED FROM HEADACHES– & HEALTH PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DON’T THEY GET RID OF THEM????????
THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOXIC!!!!!!!!!!!
What Makes Candles So Bad
Paraffin is the major ingredient in most conventional candles and is a sludge waste product from the petroleum industry. It releases carcinogenic chemicals when burned. The soot/fumes are similar to that released from a diesel engine and can be as dangerous as second-hand cigarette smoke. This can contribute to serious respiratory issues like asthma.
- Scented candles may have lead or lead cores in the wick, which releases dangerous amounts of lead into your home through the candle soot. Candle wicks are supposed to be made from pure paper or cotton, but a University of Michigan study in the late 1999 found that 30% of candles in the USA still released lead into the air, in amounts higher than is considered safe by the EPA (and personally, I’m not sure that I would consider there to be a “safe” level). Legislation was passed in the USA to ban lead in wicks in 2003, but it is still present in some candles which make their way onto store shelves, particularly those that are imported (made in China or Taiwan, for example). For my fellow Canadians, there has not yet been a Canadian ban on lead in candle wicks.
- Two particularly toxic chemicals, benzene and toluene, are found in the sooty residue from burning candles. Benzene is cancer-causing and toluene affects the central nervous system.
- Artificial scents and colors may be irritants to some people and/or trigger allergic reactions.
- Other toxic chemicals that may be present in the paraffin mixture and released through burning include: Acetone, Trichlorofluoromethane, Carbon Disulfide, 2-Butanone, Trichloroethane, Trichloroethene, Carbon Tetrachloride, Tetrachloroethene, Chlorobenzene, Ethylbenzene, Styrene, Xylene, Phenol, Cresol, Cyclopentene. Some of the toxins are found in other products such as paint, laquer and varnish removers– that’s potent and powerful stuff!
WELL—- TO SAY I FEEL LIKE SHIT—— WOULD BE THE UNDER-STATEMENT OF THE WORLD— WHY DOES A SPORTING GOOD BUSINESS NEED TO SELL TOXIC SCENTED CANDLES??????????????????
OH– YES—— THAT IS THE FIRST PLACE SOMEONE WOULD THINK OF TO GO BUY STINKING TOXIC SCENTED CANDLES— A BIG SPORTING GOOD BUSINESS!!!!!!!! FOR CRYING IN THE BUCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!