Multiple Chemical Sensitivity is Poisoning- Not Allergy!

When you choose to use fragrances, chemicals, or pesticides, You are not simply making a choice for yourself, You are making a choice for everyone around you!!!!

Researchers Confirm Multiple Chemical Sensitivity is Poisoning, Not Allergy

Researchers from Japan have confirmed that multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) is not an allergy.

Rather, MCS is a condition in which individuals suffer with symptoms when exposed to low levels of toxic chemicals in the environment. Several studies have shown that people with MCS are unable to break down these toxicants efficiently, a function the liver normally serves.

Researchers suggest that patients having allergic diseases may easily suffer from MCS at the same time or MCS may strengthen symptoms of allergic diseases. And though MCS and allergies may both occur in some people, they do not both occur in all people with one or the other condition.

Individuals who visited a specially built facility for Sick House Syndrome were examined in the study. Allergic rhinitis was the most popular allergic disease in the possible cases of MCS.

The key is understanding which is which so that proper targeted treatments may be selected. Testing is critical to making a proper diagnosis.

There are two types of reactions that may occur to the same chemical in different individuals:

Chemical Allergy

Toxicity (MCS)

In chemical allergy, the individual is actually allergic to the chemical and immunoglobulin E (IgE) is elevated. This is the type of reaction that would most readily respond to treatments such as low dose antigen therapy (LDA), nambudripad allergy elimination technique (NAET), and other allergy desensitization techniques.


In MCS, IgE is not elevated and the reaction is not allergic in nature. Often the reaction is of a toxic nature and results in neurological symptoms as opposed to typical allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and inflammation.

This neurological effect is what makes MCS disabling. The lack of IgE (allergy) renders MCS irresponsive to such treatments as LDA and NAET. Avoidance of chemical triggers is essential to maintaining functional capacity. This is often difficult to achieve as fragrances and chemicals which have neurotoxic effects are all around us.

It may appear that MCS is improving from allergy treatments in individuals who suffer from both allergies and MCS. When the allergic condition improves, it is not impacting the MCS condition as severely. The converse may also be true.

The most important information this study provides is confirmation that MCS symptoms are not easily treatable with allergy remedies. This also negates the perception that individuals with MCS overreact to what ails everyone. MCS is, based on studies showing impaired detoxification, quite literally, more attuned to chronic poisoning.


Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) is basically a subset of Environmental Illness (EI), which is caused by living in a toxic world. The chemicals that were synthesized after World War II (including, pesticides, synthetic fragrances, cleaning products, detergents, etc.) are mostly “petro-chemicals” (petroleum based) and are quite toxic to humans. There have been virtually no studies done on the majority of these chemicals to see how they affect humans – the industry just placed the chemicals in the environment with the assumption that they are “safe, till proven toxic”, instead of the other way around. One of the biggest offenders is PERFUME and other scented products. Did you know that many of the ingredients in your perfume are the exact same ingredients found in GASOLINE??!! I didn’t either! The scary thing is that the perfume industry is NOT REGULATED at all – they can put any number of chemicals in fragrance without revealing what those chemicals are – or how they affect humans. We humans are all participating in a giant “lab experiment” against our knowledge and against our will, and it’s making some of us VERY sick.

Those of us who are becoming chronically ill from these chemicals are similar to the “canaries in the coal mine”. Coal miners would take a canary into the mines with them to warn them when the air became toxic. They knew that when the canary stopped singing or died, it was time to get out before it affected them as well. We “human canaries” are here to warn the rest of you that, unless you start making changes and avoid as many toxic chemicals as possible, you too may become very sick. Non toxic living

is actually much “simpler” and cheaper!

Don’t be fooled, these chemicals are affecting ALL of us in some way or another. Think about the last time you got a headache for no apparent reason. Could it be possible that someone had recently sprayed perfume or pesticides near you without you knowing it? Had you recently used scented laundry detergent or Clorox to clean with? Do you get headaches or feel nauseous from being around people wearing perfume or cologne? Do you feel you need to hold your breath when you go down the detergent aisle at the grocery store? All these things are your body’s way of telling you something is wrong with the air you’re breathing. While an MBA in health care may help you understand the whys and wherefores of the medical issues it doesn’t take a masters degree to listen to your body and know that things are not right.

It’s like playing “Russian Roulette” – you never know how long your immune system can hold out before breaking down. Some people may never reach the point of “chronic illness” that I did – but most people are being affected, possibly without realizing it. Cancer has increased dramatically since World War II (after all the chemicals came out). Attention Deficit Disorder is on the rise (more and more of our children are being put on toxic, brain-altering drugs like Ritalin when simply cleaning up their environment could solve their problems). Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Alzheimer’s Disease, Allergies, Asthma, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and Multiple Sclerosis are also increasing. All these illnesses could very well have a chemical connection to their cause or, at the very least, these patients would benefit from using less-toxic products. Pretty much any “immune system” disorder could be helped by a cleaner environment and by using safer products.

The products we use on our skin are absorbed directly into the bloodstream (the reason why nitroglycerine, nicotine, and hormone patches work). The chemicals we breathe (such as perfumes, formaldehyde, pesticides, etc.) all go straight to our brains and can cause low-level to severe damage – similar to how someone can snort cocaine or glue to get a “high”. Start reading labels – check for petro-chemicals, formaldehyde, and fragrance, and avoid them as much as possible. A clue that an ingredient may be a petro-chemical is the “prop” prefix. A clue that an ingredient releases formaldehyde is “Quaternium”. Be careful about products labeled “fragrance free” or “unscented”. Don’t trust them! Read the label and be sure they don’t list “fragrance” or “masking fragrance”. Don’t put anything on your skin you’d be afraid to eat, because the end result is the same!

Before I got sick, I had no clue that I was slowly being “poisoned” by products that I assumed were “safe” since they were on the market! If this could happen to me – YOU COULD BE NEXT.



no perfume # 3


About sondasmcschatter

I was encouraged to start a blog as I suffer from MCS /multi chemical sensitivities & other health problems & I have helped several hundred others who suffer from MCS set up "Safe Homes" & given them encouragement & HOPE & share information & lots of laughs along the way also. When you choose to use fragrances, chemicals, or pesticides, You are not simply making a choice for yourself, You are making a choice for everyone around you!!!! What makes me an expert on MCS-- not a darn thing-- BUT have lived with it for years-& years- & have learned lots the HARD WAY-- by experience!! And want to give others help & HOPE & encouragement -- as I know there are not many who understand what it is to live with this illness- & ALL THAT GOES WITH IT!!! Internet has been my way of communication with many who we are confined to their "safe homes" all over the USA & other countries!! I have communicated with many HUNDRED by e-mail-- phone & letters & internet forums-- I hope this blog will help in a better way to share laughter-- hope & information!!! As for many are not any longer able to even leave their homes-- & communication is sooo important & sharing & encouragement & GIVING HOPE!!!
This entry was posted in Just chatter!!!!!!!, MCS. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Multiple Chemical Sensitivity is Poisoning- Not Allergy!

  1. kmtreat says:

    Reblogged this on allergictolifemybattle and commented:
    This comes from a fellow blogger at sondasmcschatter. I thought I would share it with you. I will be back soon with new posts from me. Still enjoying my family for the holidays.

  2. kmtreat says:

    I hope you don’t mind but I reblogged this. I hope to have some new posts of my own next week.

  3. miche123 says:

    Thank you for posting. That does explain a lot!

    Happy New Year Sonda. May all your wishes come true in 2013

    Miche x

  4. rachelmeeks says:

    I think this post should be printed and posted in every perfume section. Great work.

  5. Reblogged this on sondasmcschatter and commented:

    i was asked to please reblog this— so here it is!!!!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s