RE–run—- I was asked to do a re-run of this uses for coconut oil—
We received a phone call at Christmas time–from one of our old neighbors back in Kansas– he said– I have beginning Alzheimer’s & what should I be doing to help my health!!!!
FIRST — OF COARSE GET RID OF ALL THE TOXIC CHEMICALS IN YOUR HOME– as I have read far more than once– that toxic chemicals has a strong role in Alzheimer’s disease!!! And get rid of the scented perfume & after shave– etc— etc— get rid of all the scented toxic things in your home— also what kind of laundry soap & are you using toxic fabric softener???? What are you eating– & drinking— if you are drinking pop– especially diet pop– STOP!!!!! Are you eating lots of processed foods with chemicals????
Are you drinking pure water & enough water?????????????
We use coconut oil– for about a million things– listed is Alzheimer’s— well some don’t believe it helps– I say –well it helps enough other things– WHAT CAN IT HURT?????
We buy our virgin coconut oil at the health food store— I use it for cooking– I use it for dry skin– I use it for dry lips– I use it for our dogs dry skin– & ears– well there are soooooo many uses for coconut oil– we also use it to pop our popcorn– I hear a million different uses from my MCS sisters—
Here are 122 uses– go for it– add your own to the list!!!!
122 Uses For Coconut Oil – http://www.DeliciousObsessions.com
1. Eat a spoonful when you need an energy boost.
2. Use it as the base for a homemade body scrub.
3. Use to condition your wooden cutting boards.
4. Use as a super conditioner on your hair (apply to dry hair, leave in as long as possible and then shampoo as normal).
5. Use as a styling agent if you have really dry hair. Just rub a tiny bit on your palms and apply to your hair and style as normal.
6. Keep a little container in your purse for lip moisturizer.
7. Add a spoonful to your dog or cat’s food. Coconut oil is great for our furry friends!
8. Replace nasty, unhealthy vegetable oils in your kitchen with coconut oil.
9. Make healthy Magic Shell ice cream topping.
10. Use it for oil pulling.
11. Use a tiny dab on your underarms for a natural deodorant.
12. Use coconut oil instead of shaving cream.
13. Add to your bath tub for a moisturizing soak (a couple drops of peppermint oil is wonderful!).
14. Use as a makeup remover.
15. Use it to help sooth chicken pox, shingles, or other rashes or skin irritations.
16. Use it to treat athlete’s food, ringworm, or other fungal or yeast infections.
17. Take a spoonful with your vitamins to help improve absorption.
18. Spread a thin layer on cuts or burns to speed up healing.
19. Take up to 5 spoonfuls per day for improved thyroid function.
20. Add a spoonful to your smoothies for extra nutrition and flavor.
21. Use on the delicate tissue around your eyes to help prevent wrinkles and sagging.
22. Use as the base for homemade toothpaste or lotion.
23. Use in place of massage oil.
24. Use on your baby’s diaper rash or cradle cap.
25. Use to help reduce visibility of stretch marks or to prevent stretch marks.
26. For nursing mothers, use coconut oil on your nipples to prevent cracking and irritation.
27. For nursing mothers, consuming coconut oil will help increase your milk flow.
28. Apply to bee stings or bug bites to soothe and heal the wound.
29. Women can use in the nether regions to relieve yeast infections, dryness, and/or discomfort.
30. Eat a spoonful with each meal to improve digestion.
31. If you’re prone to nosebleed, coat the inside of your nostrils with coconut oil regularly.
32. Helps soothe and heal hemorrhoids.
33. Take to help reduce or eliminate migraines.
34. Use as the base for homemade vapor rub.
35. Mixed with peppermint, lemon balm, rosemary, or tea tree oil makes an excellent insect repellant.
36. Mix with baking soda for a non-toxic “Goo Gone”.
37. Use to help detox the body during a cleanse or fast.
38. Use as a metal polish, but always test a small area first.
39. Use as a leather moisturizer.
40. Season your cast iron pans.
41. Use to oil your pans and baking dishes instead of pan spray.
42. Got gum stuck in your hair? Try using coconut oil to remove without cutting your hair.
43. Use instead of WD-40.
44. Use as a personal lubricant (not safe with latex).
45. Take a spoonful to help with heartburn, acid reflux, or indigestion.
46. Use as a natural sunscreen.
47. Mix with a tiny bit of fresh lemon juice and use as a furniture polish (always test a small area first!).
48. Mix with butter and toss your popcorn in it.
49. Use on cracked or rough heals to help smooth them out.
50. Massage into your nails and cuticle to help strengthen them.
51. Use as the base for homemade chocolate candy (like peanut butter cups).
52. Take a couple spoonfuls every day to help overall immune function.
53. Rub the inside of your nose with coconut oil to help with runny noses, allergies, sore nostrils, etc.
54. Use on a newborn’s bottom to help keep the meconium from sticking to the skin.
55. Use as a guitar string lubricant.
56. Massage into tired, achy, or sore muscles (adding a couple drops of essential oil is nice).
57. Mix with oregano oil or tea tree oil and use on athlete’s foot or other fungal infections.
58. One person started using coconut oil and noticed that it helped their colitis symptoms.
59. Use as a mascara brush cleaner.
60. Brush on your eyelashes for an eyelash strengthener.
61. Use on pimples and acne.
62 Use on toast instead of butter (best cinnamon toast ever!).
63. Research is showing that it may help with dementia, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s.
64. Use a little bit on a damp cloth to clean a scummy shower. Wipe with coconut oil, then spray with white vinegar and wipe dry.
65. Use to treat lice.
66. Use to help prevents stretch marks for pregnant mothers.
67. Mix with garlic and keep on hand for extra flavorful cooking and baking.
68. Use as the carrier oil for homemade baby wipes.
69. Use on warts and/ or moles.
70. Whip in your mixer for a fluffy body moisturizer that stays soft year round.
71. Use on color-treated hair for extra conditioning hair treatment.
72. Mix with nutmeg and use on blemishes (leave on for 10-15 minutes and then wash off).
73. Use to soothe burns (only apply after the initial heat from the burn is gone).
74. Mix in your hot coffee or tea.
75. Use on new tattoos to help with healing.
76. Mix with baking soda for a facial scrub.
77. Use to help control and reduce eczema and/or psoriasis symptoms.
78. Massage into your dog’s skin to help with dandruff.
79. Add a spoonful to your dog’s food to help with arthritis, or other joint/ligament problems, digestion issues, and weight control.
80. Use as a non-toxic flea treatment.
81. Use to soothe hot spots on your dog’s skin.
82. Take a spoonful about 20 minutes before a meal to help curb your appetite.
83. Helps treat thrush.
84. Helps with bladder infections and symptoms.
85. Helps smooth wrinkles and shrink pores.
86. Helps with yeast infections (both internal and external).
87. Use instead of mineral spirits to clean hands and brushes after using oil-based paints.
88. Use to sooth sore throats (let a little dissolve in your mouth and slowly run down your throat).
89. If you wax your skin at home, use to prep your skin and remove excess wax from your skin.
90. Some recommend coconut oil for patients with ADHD and Autism.
91. Use to treat ringworm.
92. Use to make homemade soap.
93. Use to make homemade lip balm.
94. Use coconut oil to detail the inside of your car (add a little to a soft cloth and polish).
95. Use to help with ear infections. Put a few drops into your ear at the first sign of an infection.
96. One person said that it seems to have helped soften kidney stones to help them pass easier.
97. Use instead of shortening for pie crusts, biscuits, etc.
98. Use to lubricate kitchen scissors when cutting sticky foods (like dates, marshmallows, etc.).
99. Mix with oil of oregano and use at the first sign of a cold sore.
100. Mix with a drop of lavender oil and use to help soothe piles and hemorrhoids.
101. For expecting mothers, use to massage on the perineum daily starting at 7 or 8 months (tip from a midwife).
102. Mix with cinnamon and oatmeal for a face scrub.
103. Use to clean the inside of your dog’s ears.
104. If you use a mouthguard, use coconut oil as a cleaner. Just wipe some on your mouthguard and let it sit during the day. Rinse well. before using. Use a thin layer on the guard each morning to help keep it clean.
105. Use as the base for this homemade deodorant or this homemade deodorant or this homemade deodorant.
106. One person used it to treat a sty on their eyelid.
107. One person used coconut oil to get purple lipstick out of a green rug.
108. Use to help with menopausal dryness (Dr. Oz recommends this).
109. Use on your plant’s leaves instead of chemical-filled leaf shine.
110. Use a dab on a canker sore to help soothe the pain and speed healing.
111. Use to remove chewing gum from your shoe, carpet, or other unsavory areas where gum has gotten stuck.
112. When given to cats, it seems to help with the hairball issue.
113. Feed to your dog to help improve doggie breath.
114. Use to soothe pink eye infections.
115. Some say coconut oil can help with ulcers by fighting against the H-Pylori bacteria.
116. Use instead of soybean or canola oil for frying.
117. Add coconut oil to your soups for added nutrition.
118. Add flavor to baked goods with coconut oil.
119. Make your own peanut butter with coconut oil.
120. Use coconut oil in homemade infant formula.
121. Massage into fingertips to soothe and prevent hangnails and ingrown nails.
122. Use as an udder balm if you own dairy goats and cows.
Negative are every where– & I use to do all I could to care for– & help & etc– negative Family & friends– now– I pray for them & stay away from them!!!!!!!!!!!
I have had several MCS sisters lately upset about others who don’t understand MCS– who talk about them behind their backs— I say— give them something to talk about!!!!!!!! 🙂
There will always be small minded people who have nothing better to do–some will never understand MCS– or want to——– So don’t bother with them— –don’t worry– what comes around goes around— I have found some of the people who gossiped about me & my health problems–in the past– have then ended up coming to me for help when they had some of the same problems & could not find anyone to help them!!!!!!!!! And YES– I helped them!!! —
PS– this is a fragrance free blog– you can dance– you can sing– you can make comments– but get rid of the fragrances & perfume– & scented crap– YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THINK ABOUT THAT THE NEXT TIME YOU SPRAY THAT CRAP ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING PEOPLE WITH THE TOXIC CHEMICAL IN THAT SCENTED CRAP–YOU WEAR & USE!!!
When you choose to use fragrances, chemicals, or pesticides, You are not simply making a choice for yourself, You are making a choice for everyone around you!!!!
THERE ARE THOUSANDS & THOUSANDS OF US WHO LIVE IN MCS SAFE HOMES– & MANY ARE NO LONGER EVEN ABLE TO LEAVE THEIR HOMES– BECAUSE OF THE DEADLY TOXIC CHEMICALS YOU CHOOSE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!
THINK — ABOUT WHAT DEADLY TOXIC CHEMICALS YOU ARE USING– THAT DESTROY OUR WATER SUPPLY—OUR AIR SUPPLY– & IS KILLING PEOPLE LIKE ME & THOUSAND OF OTHERS EVERY TIME YOU USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU———-